Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Praise!

Yesterday was a nice change of pace for everyone. Jane spent the day with Aunt J and Cousin J so they could make their gymnastics class. (Thank you Aunt J!!!) C went to school while the littles played at play park. After school the F girls went to visit their friends out in Camas. C & K were really excited to play with their friends E & E.


Grace took a 3 1/2 hour nap while I did laundry and caught up around the house. I also watched lots of news coverage on the fires in CA. My Aunt and Uncle's home in Encinitas was evacuated Monday night so we were in prayer for them and for my cousins M & A. Their place at the beach was not evacuated, but they had to get all of K & M's things because they were out of town. My grandparent's old house in Rancho Bernardo is, as far as we know, in tact. I know it sounds silly because they do not live their anymore and the place is probably remodeled beyond recognition, but I would have been really sad to see that house gone. I feel for all of the families in CA. Our family knows first hand how scary it is to loose a house to fire. Five years ago our family house at Black Butte burned literally to nothing...turning family heirlooms and many memories to ash. Cousin M was funny, she said "I guess we just need to buy house boats." True! :) Anyway, we got word this morning that my Aunt and Uncle are cleared to re-enter their home. Praise God! :) We do know that He works in wonderful ways and heals our wounds...my parents and Aunt and Uncle just closed on a new house in Black Butte. New memories to be made! :)
Also, we heard from R & L...they are loving Italy! She said they were enjoying lots of wine and the chanting monks in Sienna. Amazing! They are able to read the blog so that makes me feel good and connected. The kids are doing great!
Thanks to my "Old Neighbor" who made us dinner for tonight! :)

No comments: