My camellia is blooming!
That would have been my FB status today but instead I got to "status" it to the girls as I held each of them up to look out my kitchen window to see it. I remember 7 years ago when the crazy "landscaper" guy we hired came and positioned plants. The only placement I knew for sure was my camellia. I wanted it right outside my kitchen window so I could see it. I'm so glad it's there.
Today is day 1 of lent and I am excited to see what God will do with me in this season. I had so much spare time today without FB that I was able to take up photography. (Just kidding! Nabbed the picture from the Internet!) But in all honesty I did have a few extra minutes in my day (when I would have been checking my FB and wasn't subbing) to be still, do my Daniel homework, finished my book (Made to Crave), prayed and spend some extra minutes with the girls. It was nice. Made a couple coffee dates for the next week and spoke to real-live people on the phone. :)
It's gonna be good!!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Way to lean into Lent! :) Your attitude is contagious!
Yay! I've yet to start my lent... where has the time gone?
It has been too long since I stopped by your blog :( I love reading it! I miss seeing you my friend. I didn't do a lent but I'm seriously thinking of giving up FB myself...it consumes my time when I should be in the word and spending better time with my daughter and setting the example for her. I saw that book Made to Crave in Costco and wanted to pick it up...right now I am reading 1000 Gifts...I'm not a reader so I am trying to learn how to be still. Anyways thanks for being you!
Post a Comment