Friday, November 26, 2010

It's been a while...

It's been a while since I've posted on the ol' blog but mama needs to clean her floors! (See this post for more information or scroll down.)

The holidays are here!
Officially today.
The day after Thanksgiving.
My favorite time of year!
One family "tradition" we have (because Mark makes us) is to wait until after Thanksgiving to begin all the Christmas festivus.  While I buck this tradition and whine/complain about it the whole month of November I reflected alot on this "tradition" (rule) this year.  I realized that I tend to rush my seasons.  When it's Spring, I bust out the flip flops on the first sunny day. When it's Winter I rush into yard work only to have my labors squashed by frost or moss. But even bigger than that, I tend to want to rush my seasons in life.  When I was dating I wanted to be married. When my girls were babies I wanted them to be bigger. When they were toddlers I wanted them to be school age.  Now that they are school age I just want to freeze time.  Perhaps I am finally to a season that I can appreciate. Breath it in. Not rush.
I'm proud to say that while I did do my normal November prep work, I did not deck the halls until today.  And it feels right. Probably because it was time. 
 Last year at this time I was feeling a bit down and not my normal Christmas-self.  I can actually remember sitting on the couch every night and looking at this gaping hole in my fake tree that desperately needed fluffing and feeling like I just couldn't bring myself to do it.  I never did. Sad, really. I also remember wondering if Christmas of 2009 would forever taint my love of this season. So this year when I woke up with the itch to start decorating and playing my Christmas music I was thrilled...and am making up for lost time! I have gone BUCK WILD over here people! And I'm not done yet!
Some seasons are hard.  But rather than rush through them, I'm learning it's best to walk them out.  Live it. Breath it. Feel it.
The rough seasons can only have power over our new season if we let it.
I am sinking it to this season for sure!

And because I think my floor-cleaning-season should be just about over...



I am participating in Infarrantly Creative and Tatertots and Jello’s Blog Hop for a chance to win a Mint Cleaner. It is the revolutionary machine that cleans your hard floor surfaces for you.
Click here to join the blog hop and a chance to win!Mint_cloth2
The Mint Cleaner is available at the following places:

2 comments:

Rachel said...

:)LOVE this post...warms my heart on this cold and snowy day!! GREAT advice, too! Can you believe it's already been a YEAR? <3
HE IS GOOD! <3

Mama Voss said...

I loved reading this... enjoy this season. (And I really love the lined book shelves!)